Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Preschool--Day 2

By popular (!) demand, Rachel left for Day 2 of preschool with a more girly and proportional backpack. The problem, you see, is that the black pack is actually big enough to hold her purple folder, which gets a bit crushed if I want to close the pink pack. However, many of my blog readers who shall remain nameless (Jen, Emily, Dacia, Alysia) clearly subscribe to the notion that it's better to look good than to feel good :>), so I give. And in defense of the black pack, whose loss I'm still mourning, it was from her dance class AND she got to write her name on it--how cool is that? And before any of you anonymous blog readers (Jen, Emily, Dacia, Alysia) comment on Rachel's outfit, this week is red week and in a closet of pinks and purples we were lucky to find this. Another dilemma this morning--to go or not to go to preschool. This is because last night, after driving back all afternoon from Cedar City, Rachel tossed her cookies in the car while I was in Smith's grabbing a few groceries (no worries Jen--the smell is almost gone....). Being the hands-on Dad that he is, Carl immediately called me on my cell to let me know what happened and to assure me he would sit tight until I got there.... Once home, I gave Rachel a quick bath and got her to bed. She didn't have a temp, and this morning she was fine and ate a good breakfast--all indicators that she could go to school. Now every time the phone rings I just pray it's not her teacher.






5 comments:

princess jen said...

That is a much more appropriate backpack for a 3 year old ;) !! I'm glad you had fun in southern utah--even if my van now reeks...

Alysia said...

definitely cute back pack. but i'm still gonna make fun of the outfit. haha.
my mission will now be to find rachel cute, well fitted red clothes. ;)
she's a cutie and i'm glad she's feeling better and liking school!

Super Daysh said...

What's with all the red and the red socks, capris and tennis shoes!!?? tee he hee. Geesh, leave her alone long enough with Karen's fashion sense, and she is really going to be in trouble! ;)
And yes- the backpack is MUCH better!! She looks like a little girl now with a pink bag!! Way to go!

Thoughtful Runner said...

Geesh....what more can I say? Who ever heard of talking a pink, ROLLING-type backpack to school?? Why not just roll the thing??? Or what happened to actually just CARRYING that one folder with you that occupies the entire backback?? And hey, if you're cute, you're cute - whether you wear a red shirt and carry a rolling pink backpack at the same time, or not!
Oh - the van REALLY did work well for the relay - and Karen didn't even mention the mud!

Alan J said...

What a cutie! Oh and sorry about the poop. Yeah, i think the local birds had a family reunion in the tree above our driveway - anyway, the Highlander is not COVERED with bird poop. At least only on the outside, right? Oh, except i guess Aaron did have an accident in there while we were potty training him...